Viewing posts for the category Linux
Because I keep forgetting stuff I need to do (or the order) here a very quick overview:
So while tracking down problems with performance with (webmail - ) clients I found out, that the problem is - at least partly - related to the sheer amount of IMAP folders (dbmail_mailboxes) a user had ( > 3500 !).
So .. since this page/blog is running on Mezzanine I thought I'd share what I had to do to get it to work.
So I was trying to figure out why i kept getting this error:
A while ago I was getting increasingly annoyed with encoding problems through ssh - especially when using putty from windows to access my box with filenames,.. in de_AT.UTF-8 - so I was constantly setting locale back to 'C' or something similar.
And well since I am lazy I did look for a way to make that happen automatically -- unfortunately I didn't find a -reasonably easy- way to see if I am using putty. But at least you can find out if you are logged in through ssh or not. So here's a little code snippet I added to my .bashrc to save myself from garbled console output: