Viewing posts for the category Migrated from old blog
So I was trying to figure out why i kept getting this error:
A while ago I was getting increasingly annoyed with encoding problems through ssh - especially when using putty from windows to access my box with filenames,.. in de_AT.UTF-8 - so I was constantly setting locale back to 'C' or something similar.
And well since I am lazy I did look for a way to make that happen automatically -- unfortunately I didn't find a -reasonably easy- way to see if I am using putty. But at least you can find out if you are logged in through ssh or not. So here's a little code snippet I added to my .bashrc to save myself from garbled console output:
I just added some more server monitoring using monit to my server so I thought I'd share a bit of the config in case someone else has a use for it.
Ok I've been very lazy blog-wise .. I shall try to better myself .. ;)
After extra frustrations recently I tried out the latest open source radeon driver (combined with latest xorg-server-1.11.3 + linux 3.2.0). It seems to work better than before but then I started an opengl application: