Blog

If you were looking for something specific you probably got redirected here from an old link to my (now gone) drupal blog. I migrated all the pages & blog entries to this blog, so just use the search here to find what you were looking for.

Wow Cataclysm Patcher

Just why do we have to run a huge installer (5.29 GB) [which does *not* tell you first that you need more than 15GB free space where WoW is installed as temporary space btw .. I think it was about 16 or 17GB .. - problem is it just aborts and it does run for like 2 hours or sth like that ] but just after the installer we get the new launcher:

Animagic 2010 Japanese special guests

Thanks Square Enix for your great (not-)translation...

This is what I got for clicking on the Final Fantasy XIV Config entry:

Error dialogue in Japanese

Although I am studying Japanese this is too much for me at the moment i gotta get my dictionary ... I assume it means i did not run it yet.

by the way my patcher has been stuck for ages anyone got it working? ... My patcher keeps going to 0 down and upload, a couple of 'local connections' (weird naming if you ask me..) and the occasional ~ 800B/sec download then uploading it a bit ..

Sorry, Blizzard downloader, I do not believe my Connection is that fast ;) ROFL

Sorry but I don't believe in you anymore dear Blizzard downloader:

Nokia N900 Maemo 5 PR1.2 update -- conclusion

First of all it worked ok!

I did not have enough free space on '/' (root) to complete it at once so it aborted twice for me ..
If it does that: don't panic .. in the terminal (as root) run dpkg --configure -a (which will finish setup of all the already installed packages -- which will clear up more space again. (running 'sync' is always good as it can give u even more space :D

after that just re-start apt-get dist-upgrade ;) -- rinse and repeat until done :d

one thing that caused me trouble for quite a while: All communications logs,.. not working (ie no Call history, message history, .. -- also new messages are maybe displayed if you click on the notification, but if it's more than one it won'T work properly and you will loose sms/im/.. data
This was caused by me getting a SMS when the upgrad eof the comms app was running -> messed it up .. restoring backup failed again due to the same SMS getting delivered again (the last sms seems to get stuck somewhere in the system -- /var/spool/...)

The solution was simple:
1) Put phone in offline mode
2) restore a backup which you should've done before even starting to attempt an upgrade like this
3) put phone in online mode again
---> works again :D

Recent Posts

Archive

2018
2014
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007

Categories

Authors

Feeds

RSS / Atom