If you were looking for something specific you probably got redirected here from an old link to my (now gone) drupal blog. I migrated all the pages & blog entries to this blog, so just use the search here to find what you were looking for.
So just because I can a quick list of what I am watching (or will watch):
Finally got around to set up a new CMS/blog - since getting a bit fed up with drupal (and php).
So I was trying to figure out why i kept getting this error:
A while ago I was getting increasingly annoyed with encoding problems through ssh - especially when using putty from windows to access my box with filenames,.. in de_AT.UTF-8 - so I was constantly setting locale back to 'C' or something similar.
And well since I am lazy I did look for a way to make that happen automatically -- unfortunately I didn't find a -reasonably easy- way to see if I am using putty. But at least you can find out if you are logged in through ssh or not. So here's a little code snippet I added to my .bashrc to save myself from garbled console output:
I just added some more server monitoring using monit to my server so I thought I'd share a bit of the config in case someone else has a use for it.